October 26, 2012
- Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by: The Civic Center of Greater Des Moines -221 Walnut Street Des Moines, IA 50309
- (“Sponsor(s)”). The promotion begins at 8:00 AM on November 1, 2012 and ends at 4:00 PM on November 16, 2012. Entries must be received by 4:00 PM on November 16, 2012. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
3. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the counties within the station’s viewing area who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., KYOU – TV, The Civic Center of Greater Des Moines, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per person/per day will be accepted.
- How to Enter. There is more than one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8:00 AM on November 1, 2012, individuals can enter by visiting KYOU-TV website at http://www.mylocalfox15.com/beauty-and-the-beast-contest and submit an entry form. Individuals may also enter by sending a postcard with their name, address, phone number, and email to KYOU Fox 15, attn: Beauty and the Beast, 820 W. 2nd St., Ottumwa, IA 5201. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. Entries must be received by 4:00 PM on November 16, 2012 in order to qualify.
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
By entering this promotion, entrant agrees that KYOU-TV and the other Sponsor(s) of this promotion may provide entrant with promotional materials and that KYOU-TV may release entrant’s personally identifiable registration information to the other Sponsor(s) for that purpose. KYOU-TV is not responsible for the use of entrant’s personally identifiable information by the other Sponsor(s).
- Prize(s). 4 winners will receive the following prizes: 4 tickets to Beauty and the Beast at the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines. ( $280.00 value). Dinner for a family of 4 ($40.00 value) No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
- How the Prizes are Awarded. Drawing will take place at 9:00am on November 19, 2012. 4 winners will be selected.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s), and if applicable any travel companion(s), will be required to execute and return a release and affidavit of eligibility within 3 business days of prize notification, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Wednesday November 21, 2012 at 5:00 PM or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. KYOU-TV will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from KYOU-TV if KYOU-TV reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KYOU – TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
- Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases KYOU-TV and The Civic Center of Greater Des Moines , its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
- Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by KYOU – TV at any time. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by KYOU-TV are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to KYOU FOX 15, 820 W. Second St – Ottumwa, IA 52501 or visit the website at www.kyoutv.com.